|This is Laleona in the other towel after her bath - a WhatsApp photo|
|The play mat and first play cube photographed just before I packed them into car; the second cube was added en route after I made it at the embroidery retreat|
|Showing the backing fabric|
I had originally planned to make a cot quilt but on learning that such things are not ‘allowed’ - and I didn’t want to make one for show rather than being used - Helen and I decided that a play mat was appropriate.
I found out that I was stitching with a sticky protective backing and a front film covering in place! No wonder my machine rebelled! I had only bought a small piece so decided to order more - and was delighted to receive a bit extra ‘for practice’ from Dawn, who had been very helpful with her responses and suggestions. The designs were all reverse applique, which I hadn’t tried before - but they went well. I used the animal files except for the mirror where I used the circle. I was pleased with the result.
I'm still enjoying machine embroidery though - no fitting issues and it can be done in small chunks of time.