|The pins here show where the stitching is going to go|
|The underlying pattern shows the discrepancy|
|Better focus than the previous one|
|Jacket basted, one sleeve roughly basted in|
|Right shoulder and back pinned (you can see in mirror)|
|Gillian pinning changes. You can just see the alteration to the neckline edge of my right shoulder|
|Adjustments made. Pinned on centre front. Not pressed yet. No sleeves yet.|
|None of the hems done as yet so lots of raw edges and loose threads|
- Taping the neckline.
- Folding up the hem and inserting the curtain chain weight.
- Margaret is doing buttons so she had a facing and will need to do buttonholes. She is planning to do machine buttonholes. I have no facing as my lining goes right to the edge. I think Margaret is also planning to insert flange piping between her lining and facing. That looks rather nice.
- How to sew the ling beautifully, by hand. Margaret got to start hers but I'm quite a bit away from that as yet.
- How to add braid to the jacket edges. I was going to add braid but Gillian showed me how to fringe the fabric and I decided I'll go with that. Basically a strip of lining, two strips of fabric laid over it, sewn longitudinally down the middle. Then lining folded away from fabric (this is sewn to jacket fabric on right side on seam allowance for front) and fabric fringed by removing the warp threads. My sleeves ended up a bit short so I have decided that this is a suitable fix - fringe added to the sleeve cuffs.
- How to do a mock welt pocket. Not a working pocket, which neither of us wanted. I need to decide whether to do a button or a fringe trim to match the front I'm planning