- Remove old cover
- wash body to get rid of glue residue
She's pretty small in her native state!
- minimise width sizes
- lengthen model to maximum using adjustment available
- Add to body length; David lengthened the body itself by adding cardboard and aluminium tape to the bottom (this was done after the model was rotated and redone); this lengthened it about 3 inches.. Previously the marking for the position of bum fullness was below the form body. He also added to the length of the upper body by extending the whole upper torso by placing a roll of masking tape about 1 inch wide on the internal top support plate on which the torso rested.
The reason the glue residue is back is because we had to take apart and redo after Fabulous Fit foam had been stuck on.
- fill in gaps and joints with padding and aluminium tape. By this time the model was a lot taller and was beginning to feel sturdier - she had previously been very shaky.
- I used parts of the Fabulous Fit system to create hip and bum contours and also bust shaping and apex position
- I might add that when we attached the upper part of the model to the lower part, we got it the wrong way around! None of us involved in the process (I took it to class and the tutor was also involved at this stage, as was David) noticed - it took someone else to query it. The tutor thought it would be fine but David and I retracted a few steps and corrected this when we returned home. When this was corrected, David took the opportunity to reinforce the gaps from the inside too.
- add layers of padding (bump, mainly) , taped with masking tape. I couldn't find the materials mentioned by Mary.
- I used one of Helen's bras over an already padded bust area (Fabulous Fit pads) to add more definition to the bust area and to position the apex properly.
- amount of padding and distribution based on a close fitting calico toile which I tried on the form repeatedly. Helen has never tried on my toile - this was the toile I made from the adjustments to make the previous one much tighter fitting and I think I made a mistake in interpretation as I couldn't get it to meet in the zip area. So I had to loosen it a bit. I decided against tightly fitting the back into the bum until I had Helen present.
- We then covered with a stretchy dress form cover, recognising that a bit of extra padding at the seat was probably required
- I then made a final cover from the bump again using the sizes I used earlier - closer to Helen's original toile than the extremely close fitted one. I hoped this would give a lovely smooth and pinnable final surface. (I have toiles all over the place, they’re taking over!)
|This shows the bum shaping required at right|