|Camellia flowering in snowy branches (it was thawing earlier)|
|I cut into the welt in the totally wrong direction and couldn't salvage it, though I tried. |
The pencil is pointing to a raw end and hole through to the inside of the sweatshirt
|Overall view didn't look awful but wasn't right - I would have left but for the hole, above|
|Poor photo on my phone tonight - take my word for it the welts are much better!|
|Butterick 6244. A nice pattern, great reviews but just not my style and the fabric was just too heavy, too|
|Yes, it's that far off!|
|Trying to fold the fabric using patterns as guide - well, you can see the twisted folded edge. |
To fold with a nice fold created very off ends
Rory showed me how to try to try to get the fabric on grain (block square and steam). This improved the small piece we were able to do (space, time) and Rory felt it was workable with. She advised cutting out pieces larger than each pattern piece and blocking the pieces individually.
- Complete pant fitting process - then there's no limit! I wanted to make some winter weight pants but by the time this is finished, I'll need to use lighter weight fabrics so those fabrics will get stored away too. I had planned to use navy and burgundy wools. (On that note, Fabworks online has some fabulous wools in a snap sale lasting until next week I think. I don't need any so have resisted the temptation. There are some great buys though)
- Complete Jasper sweatshirt - I’ll post separately about that.
- Make a Blackwood cardigan (plus or minus tank, depending on fabric chosen)
- I do have need, not urgent, for a workout top to go with my workout trousers. The top I tried to wear last time is no use.
I'll have to re-look at what I want to do.