- I really didn't have the skills to create our previous design
- I didn't like the toiles
- I modified the toiles, made new versions, and still didn't like them.
- I prefer Helen's latest proposal (and it really has to be her last proposal, too!). It's altogether more Helen. I hope I can produce it.
As I sewed each seam, I improved. The puckering that I had at the start got less. I found taut sewing helpful. I used my dual feed but not my walking foot. I didn’t need the walking foot too - is an actual walking foot better than dual feed?
Oh dear! This fabric just wouldn't take a crease. After I had pressed it all, I felt I might as well not have bothered. Dan showed me that using a block of wood can help.
I hope my final fabrics are less troublesome!
- The fabric is bought.
- I have underlining fabric and thread.
- The pattern for my oldest daughter is redrawn after she tried a toile on a couple of weeks ago. She's coming up at Easter and I hope to use that nasty blue fabric to make a full working toile.
- My middle daughter hasn't got back to me about hers as yet. I believe she’s trying it on tomorrow and her sister will try to fit her into it. I’m happy to get it at Easter but would like to know if it’s close or a long way away!
- Also, no more weight loss - or gain!
- The design is decided
- The toiles fitted and modified
- Pattern drawn, including separate lining pieces
- Fabric and lining bought
- Thread and interfacing bought
- The shoulders don’t collapse and are pretty wide
- The shape of the neck and shoulders isn’t quite right and cannot be modified
- The model body just isn’t flexible enough - I actually tore a seam trying to get a garment on
- Missy just isn’t tall enough despite all our changes. Okay for a shorter length dress but not for a full length dress.