Once more, I will link with Gillian of Crafting a Rainbow
I'm only going to include 2
Cashmerette's Concord tee - blog post here (this is the 3rd of 3 posts)
|Puckered neckline and shoulder too far forward almost visible here|
Reflections on the Concord
I may try this again, making the anti-forward shoulder adjustment which would also hopefully improve the sleeve and neckline fit. With a better suited fabric (I think the fabric was a little too heavy although it did have the required stretch) and proper neckline trimming, I hope it might work after the adjustment. This version certainly didn't. I gave away the finished tee as there were too many issues needing fixed, most of which needed to be fixed at cutting out stage. I couldn't even wear it around the house as it was actually uncomfortable.
|Above two before further alteration|
|Above two pinned for closer fit|
I entered a contest with this dress which was ridiculous when it fits so badly and doesn't suit me. What was I thinking of? It was sewn okay but there was no way I would wear this in public - yet I put it out there. My only excuse is that I was in a post wedding slump and needed the impetus of a deadline to sew something. That's the only excuse I have. I've pulled back from contests. I will sew only if it suits me to.
These aren't technically misses since they're not finished. Included are Grainline’s Morris blazer, which I saw as a quick make for a casual jacket and McCall's blazer, via my class. With both, there are ongoing fit issues but I've run out of time for them before Christmas. This term, my classes have been covering tailoring and I hoped to have a finished jacket by now. I've had to put it aside, though, as Christmas sewing takes precedence. They are both getting there. Both have required rather a lot of adjustments.
I will do another post, possibly after Christmas, with my goals and plans for 2017.