|There are gaps elsewhere too.|
- The fabric - perhaps this was just too thin and too stretchy and perhaps partly stretched out for this design. As an alternative to making a tee shirt pocket, I had also bought a black hoodie and the design could be stitched directly onto that.
- The design could have been digitised wrongly. I’ve never bought from the company concerned. I didn’t think it was this though as there is a live action stitch preview on my computer and this ‘stitched‘ out okay
- Or the stitch density was far too great. This seemed very likely. Some areas were being stitched over and over again
- The stabiliser - wrong type, inadequate etc
- My hooping technique could be bad - if you stretch the fabric too much this can be a problem. The fabric needs to be held firmly with some tautness but not too much.
- I didn’t think there was a problem with my thread, my needle, my machine, or my threading of the machine.
|I also used an additional frame of stitches to keep the fabric stable. |
This image shows the raised effect of some of the stitiching
|The two together. The embroidery on the right has the same number of stitches as the one on the left|