|The new interfacing with the correct number on the selvedge|
|The rather nice original interfacing wrongly labelled (no number on edge)|
|Packet interfacing came in|
My original interfacing came in a branded and labelled packet but is dissimilar. Rory feels that my packet had the wrong interfacing originally but that what I had was much nicer and more expensive. I decided to use the new interfacing.
|Look at those dreadful wrinkles!|
|Sorry - taken on my phone in the dark. Taken to show sleeve rolled up|
I then realised that to roll up the sleeve for use with the sleeve tabs would show the wrong side of the fabric - no great issue since the sides are practically identical - but there are two overlocked seams - not a nice look. Also, a long sleeve like this one has to be rolled up a lot and I didn’t like the bulk. I could take out the stitching attaching the sleeve tab to the sleeve and just forget about it but decided against that at the time, anyway. I did cut open the buttonholes on the cuffs and sew on a suitable button.
|Another photo taken quickly on my phone|
I decided I wasn’t doing anything else to this shirt. Tuesday was now free simply to take a photo.
|Bottom of band|