|The skirt I'm trying to make|
|Helen deliberately wore a cropped top so I could see what was going on. This waistband looks far too tight to me. |
You can see that the front is not lying as a pleat equivalent. It's too tight at the hips.
|She likes it and finds it comfy|
|The back view shows horizontal creasing just under the waistband. Is that just a size issue?|
- The toile was in a fabric with a slight stretch. I wonder how much give the tartan has? It's a firm pure wool tartan.
- I’d like to line the skirt
- I’ll have to think about this as with size changes being at the side seam, it might me better to go bigger and take in if required? What do you think?
- I will of course be making in a mid-weight (really quite heavy) tartan with the pattern matching that entails too, so it’s entirely possible that some of the overlaps will be deeper and take up more waist space.
- Also, is it likely that I’ll need more waist stabilisation? Traditional kilts use horse hair.
|Helen drew the red to show where she'd like the front to come to and the yellow circles are the buttons.|
|Buttons similar to these|