It took quite a while to cut out all those pieces. Then we started to assemble the front pocket and pocket bearer - this was a new term for me.
Which I did do. No problems as this was fairly straightforward but I can't see the whole thing.
I decided not to topstitch the pocket front, though of course in the final jeans, the pocket would usually have two parallel rows of topstitching. To be honest, I looked at trying a fancy stitch but that didn't work out. I thought it'd find out in class next time the best way to do it.
The next step is step 5 which is sewing the pocket bags together. There isn't a diagram for this (apparently it was so difficult to draw and make sense that it was abandoned) and while I have some idea of what to do, I don't know where to stop and start the stitching. On Wednesday, we will be getting a demonstration. There is bad weather forecast for Wednesday onwards, but hopefully I'll make it.
On Saturday, we will be attending a funeral in Scotland provided the roads aren't too bad. DH didn't see much snow growing up because of the influence of the Gulf Stream but the roads between here and there can be bad.