Thank you too to Kate and Rhonda both of whom mentioned my blog this week and this very clearly contributed to an upturn in numbers of views
- The biggy - the xth toile for trousers. Say no more. Though this will feature at a later point. I have an epic post in progress - it just needs the ending of a wearable pair of pants!
- Rory is fitting a close-fitting torso block ready for David and me to modify a dressmaking model for me. I'm about to cut out and sew up what will hopefully be the final toile. Rory is draping the sleeve in our next session. This is an exciting project. Those of you who have followed me for a while will know that I modified a dressmaking model 'Missy' to fit my youngest daughter as I had to fit her wedding dress at a distance. This was only partially successful. This is for me.
|The next fitting will be next to the skin - I have a vest on here|
|Rory had to stretch a bit!|
|Not easy to see - the changes drawn in|
|The pieces cut apart - ie turned into princess seams with seam allowances|
- A tank top - this was tissue fitted - it's cut out and darts sewn. I need to check fit before moving on. It should be a simple job. Okay, I've said that before! This isn't from my own pattern - I think it's a McCall's. If it doesn't work, I'll do another of my own pattern
- Two jackets - a Morris blazer and a McCall's blazer. I haven't touched either for ages. They are leftover from post jacket class sewing. Ran out of time as usual. Both in toile stage. With both, next stage is a fashion fabric. I guess I should check fit first though. My weight loss has stalled and I have a busy food-filled fortnight ahead of me but then...
- Child's raspberry waterproof jacket. This is our second outerwear class project. The class has finished. The jacket is nearly finished but Rory wasn't there in the sewing bee this week to help Nicky and me finish
- Cashmerette Concord tee shirt. I was fitted and modifications made to tee. I've still to transfer modifications to pattern. It's pretty easy to make up after that. I have some suitable fabric
|I need to alter the shoulder line on the tee. I haven't shown the sleeve and bodice next to sleeve changes required.|
- I've got the pattern and the fabric ready to try the proper red silk dress for Helen. She didn't want me to start it until I'd put her wedding dress back together (dismantled to clean and repair).
- Yes, I finished repairing Helen's dismantled wedding dress and returned it to her over the Easter weekend. Yay! The relief! Hopefully it's now safely stored away in Helen's flat. (There are a few bits of the silk crepe left and I'm wondering if I could make a tank for her. I think I need something with lots of seams as there is no big chunk with selvedge. This is way down my list though. As is the red silk dress as I gave her a different Christmas present.)
- Checked skirt. Previously blogged. I'm not going to alter. For discard. That's a AUFO!
- Orange gilet. Previously blogged.
- Checked tank. Previously blogged.
This one is a success.
- Shortened legs on new RTW trousers!! I've never/rarely had to shorten before. I think it's because I wear flat shoes and lots of people wear higher heels with wide legs like these. Usually I have to lengthen and add a false hem when there isn't enough fabric to let down.
- I agreed to hack or somehow lengthen a dress for Alison. She loves it but it's too short for work. This is a more complex task.
- Shirt for younger grandson - provided he hasn't grown too big for me to be able to use the fabric leftover from shirt for older grandson.
- I will be fitting in jackets and trousers and tops for me! Well, they're really at toile stage. Provided I get good fitting toiles.
- Shirt and jeans for David. He's not difficult to fit. He has said he's happy to wait - he wants me to do something for me first, before anything else.
- The third term of my level 3 sewing class starts in May. Stretch wear inc swimsuit. I may restrict this to class.
- Helen's red silk dress, silk camisole and tartan skirt are all currently on the back burner. Her birthday is in November so probably the red dress for then.
- A kimono for Joanne. Not a big task- it's just fitting it in. I have the fabric. Her birthday is in August.
|Joanne is on the left. She's wearing the shorts in this photo but very hard to see.|
- Joanne will need new shorts as she's rapidly losing weight. I'll need to get more of the nice fabric I bought for the first pair of shorts. She read my Instagram (she doesn't follow my blog) where I said I'd prefer to make a different colour and has suggested a black or a white floral but not purple which was an option I offered. She also asked about changing up the lace or missing out but I think it needs the weight. Once she gets to her target weight, I'll modify the pattern.