What exactly is the Ready To Wear Fast?
The Ready to Wear Fast is a vow to abstain from buying clothes for one year. You will give up buying clothes from January 1 – December 31, 2018. You may sew anything, and you may fabric shop as much as you would like! The purpose is to Save Money and Improve Your Sewing Skills, but believe me, the rewards of the commitment will exceed your expectations.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.
1.May I buy sweaters since I don’t knit?
No, you may not buy sweaters.
2. What about bathing suits?
No, you may not buy a bathing suit.
3. I’m attending a ball this year. May I buy a ball gown?
No you may not buy a ball gown.
4. Do I have to make my wedding dress?
Please buy the wedding dress of your dreams. A wedding dress or bridesmaid’s dress is the only exception.
5. What about scarves?
6. What can we buy during 2018?
You many buy underwear, socks, jewelry, handbags and belts.
7. Can we buy shoes on a Ready to Wear Fast?
Y E S !! Shoes are allowed – Enjoy 😉
8. Can I wear the Ready to Wear clothes I bought before the Fast?
9. May we accept gifts of clothing?
10. Can we buy thrift shop clothes to refashion?
No. I encourage you to refashion clothes from your closet.
By the end of this year, I hope to have finished my Chanel type jacket and I have more planned for next year - and already have the fabric. I've just finished knitting and sewing up a waistcoat for me which I'll blog at some stage and have another garment planned. I also hope to bring out the knitting machine that I nearly brought out from storage two years ago. At one point, I was quite proficient though it was mainly children's clothes at that time.