|The pattern has a raised front waist|
|Showing the bodice lining and facing|
- The dress was really comfortable.
- I enjoyed wearing it and would happily wear it again. It's a dress rather than a ‘costume’ and can readily be worn again, though the sleeves mean that it is not quite everyday wear.
- Nothing major, really.
- I'd make a full size, maybe two, smaller next time as I feel the shoulders are a little wide and I had plenty of room all over. I had to gather in a lot at the waist. There's a lot of fabric! Had I made a toile first I would’ve discovered this.
- My outfit wasn't immediately recognised for what it represented by lots of those present.
- Not quite my colour palette!!
|David in his William of Baskerville (Franciscan monk) robe that he made absolutely on his own|