|I'm pointing to where it feels tight|
There are two other issues. One relates to the cutting away of the armscye - I cut too acutely at one side and as a result, the bias strip was very difficult to put on - there is an absolutely minimal part of the bodice caught in - perhaps too little. Time will tell.
|The vent isn't lying too badly here but you can see the gap at the bottom of the bodice between it and my body suggesting to me that I need an FBA. You can also see a stress line (?) from under my arm horizontally to the dart point|
|The overlap at the left side vent is obvious here|
I’m wearing the top as I type. It will be possible to wear it though it is far from comfortable at that front armscye area. I can ignore the other problems for the moment.
- Different fabrics behave in different ways so the fit will be different
- Some fabrics are harder to handle than others.
- I need to mark alterations on the pattern so that the sides will be even and the shape acceptable.
- Making the armscye bigger means that more bias binding is required
- It’s easier in the long run to take off a bias strip and redo.
- This top still isn’t a TNT despite several changes (perhaps too many changes as one of them was to add on a seam allowance around the whole of the armhole. My original (which fits much better!) had no seam allowance. You will see from the photo below that I also filled in the front armhole curve and the extra bit filled in is almost exactly what I removed. I did need this at the back but not at the front. I had also added hip width at vent level which clearly wasn’t required.
|You can see where I added seam allowances - plus a bit more to fill in the curve. |
That bit more is almost exactly what I cut off. I've marked it in blue