|This is how they should look. Photo from last time around.|
Side zip and pocket on left, right pocket and lace inserted between lining and outer fabric around legs.
- My marks indicating the wrong side of the fabric had disappeared. I found it extremely difficult to tell one side from the other. Dan helped but also found it extremely tricky.
- I need to make the pocket of the next version deeper below the level of the pocket opening - I haven't left much space.
|I found my magnifying lens essential|
|The shorts are wrong way out. Lace attached between layers.|
You can see how I stitched the crotch and the lack of any inseam.
|When I try to turn, the lace disappears into the tunnel that is the crotch, but doesn't come out the correct way on the other side - I'm just back to where I started!|
Edited to say - the problem is solved!! David said if I had turned the legs before I sewed the crotch, then I wouldn't have had the problem. That combined with the suggestion from PR to turn through the crotch led me to take out the whole of the back and front crotch seams in the lining - and hey presto! I could indeed turn through. Then I had to re-sew those seams I had taken out - not much of a problem when there's no waistband - and then hand sew the last bit of crotch lining closed. I've had enough of these for now so will think about the waistband, which is the next step, later in the week.
|Just needing a press and waistband|