|dress 4 - enalrge|
- There was a comment that most of my necklines were very similar.
- They also felt I suited this neckline
- A couple of ladies, including the tutor in my sewing bee, preferred the slightly lower and wider neckline of 3 and 8, feeling that 4 was too high. Personally, I prefer the higher. Perhaps an in between length will result!
- Two older ladies picked the V neck Viyella dress but others specifically said the neckline was not the most flattering for me. Interestingly, I always used to love a V neckline when i was younger. I just seem to have moved away from them, though not deliberately.
- Length - knee length by a large majority
- A couple felt dress 9 was a bit old fashioned; I think this goes along with Marianne’s view that the skirt would need to be narrowed. My future son in law chose this as one of his favourites. He and Helen had similar choices. My husband and I both like this one.
- You can see for yourself from the comments on my post what was voted for by those who were kind enough to comment.
- There was a definite feeling, and I agreed, that I needed a sleeve.
- One woman on my course had brought in an image of a dress she thought would be good for me. The photo was taken of the dress on her mother, a skilled dressmaker, who is probably older than me by just a few years. The dress relied on the fabric quality and some subtle shaping. It had a cowl neck. It was nice but she agreed that this type of dress doesn't work with a jacket. She did ask did I really need a jacket.
- The jacket can be plain or lace. Plain, that is solid dupion silk or a lace outer layer, over the silk or a finer layer.
- I'll have a look at all of my jacket patterns
- I'm thinking princess seams or cardigan style.
- I have a new Knipmode pattern and the Morris blazer new to me.
- I have a number of jacket patterns, many of which are not suitable, I feel
- I need to look through all my jacket patterns some of which came free with a magazine s