- I feel it's less formal than the Vogue Claire Schaeffer jacket, which I love and will come later should this jacket work out well. In the meantime, though, I need to sew something that better suits my lifestyle
- PP has comprehensive fitting guides including lines for FBA etc.
- I bought a Craftsy class on interfacing jackets which uses this jacket, so it went to the top of my queue.
- It's a simpler make than the Vogue.
- It has all the bits I need to practice for my class, which perhaps Vogue jeans jacket might not have done . I will be doing that one too but I think it's slightly too informal for all the techniques I need to practice.
|You can't quite see the roll line(pencilled in) - because the collar is pinned to make it lie better, the roll is not going all the way down. Do you think the shoulder is too wide?|
She then said I could miss out one of the seams at the side but there would then be less waist suppression possible there. I don't want too boxy so opted to retain it.
|I thought you'd be able to see where the armhole needs dropped as the current is far too high but it's not showing up here. |
More pinning out.
|You can see the pencilled in roll line here - I need to true this|
I quite fancy the jacket in boiled wool - I bought some in Leeds at Sew Up North